Friday, October 3, 2014

'American Sniper' trailer drops ahead of Christmas release



If you’re looking for some cinematic firefights after Christmas Day presents and brunch, you’re in luck.


The film version of former Navy SEAL Chief Special Operator Chris Kyle’s best-selling American Sniper memoir is coming to theaters Christmas Day, the tale of his path toward 160 confirmed kills, the most of any shooter in American history.


Actor Bradley Cooper was able to meet with Kyle once before the SEAL was murdered in 2013.


“Thank God I got to talk to him once on the phone. It was a very quick conversation. But I did tell him how serious I was about making this movie,” Cooper told USA Today. “And he should just know that whatever fears he had about Hollywood, to just put them aside and trust me. That I was going to do everything I could to tell this story.”


Kyle published the book in 2012 and became an icon in American military lore and marksmanship culture.


Unfortunately, he was killed in 2013 by a fellow veteran, whom he’d taken shooting to help relieve the man’s post-traumatic stress.


Tags: , , , , ,



Leave a Reply



No comments:

Post a Comment